Fleet Maintenance Technician
Company: First Vehicle Services
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Join First Vehicle Services as a Fleet Technician in our Paramount,
CA location! First things First: Who are we? First Vehicle Services
is a leading provider of diverse fleet management and maintenance
services in North America. Since 1981, First Vehicle Services has
been providing efficient and cost-effective vehicle management and
maintenance services at governments, school districts,
petrochemical companies, transit agencies, airports, universities,
and private organizations throughout the United States. Benefits We
offer competitive hourly pay (NOT flat rate) and benefits including
physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision,
401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
- $30 - $35/HR Starting wage based on experience!
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain!
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Work with paperless shop technology on tablets!
- Discounts on cell phone plans, new cars, and more through the
Perk Spot program! About the Position As a Fleet Maintenance
Technician with First Vehicle Services, you will help maintain and
repair vehicles to ensure customer safety. Other major job duties
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections,
and annual maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, transmissions, and
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
Qualifications for Fleet Maintenance Technician
- Valid driver's license required.
- At least 1 year of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
employment experience or a combination of technical school
education & experience.
- Mechanic's toolset
- ASE certifications preferred. Must be willing to participate in
company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and
- Be subject to a drug test. First for a Reason Professional
Advancement Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within
which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong
presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring
Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First
Transit. Extensive Training Build skills and knowledge in such
areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and
equipment, and job efficiency. Diversity & Inclusion Because we're
stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse
working environment for everyone every day. Community Service &
Impact Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at
the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First
Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a
positive impact on others. Apply today and get your career on the
road with First Vehicle Services! We aspire to have a culture where
all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse
workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to
providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to
positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will
consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco
Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First
is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain
and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for
Keywords: First Vehicle Services, Paramount , Fleet Maintenance Technician, Engineering , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!