Case Manager RN
Company: Kindred Healthcare
Posted on: November 20, 2022
15,000 Sign on Bonus
At Kindred It Starts With Me.
Our commitment is to deliver excellence and an empathetic human
experience to every patient, every family member, every employee,
every time. We do this through our Core Values which help in
guiding our work every day.
Job Summary: The Case Manager coordinates and facilitates the care
of the patient population through effective collaboration and
communication with the Interdiciplinary Care Transitions (ICT)
members. Follows patients throughout the continuum of care and
ensures optimum utilization of resources, service delivery and
compliance with external review agencies. Provides ongoing support
and expertise through comprehensive assessment, care planning, plan
implementation and overall evaluation of individual patient needs.
Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction, to
promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the
integration of functions of case management, utilization review and
management and discharge planning.
- Coordinates clinical and psycho-social activities with the
Interdisciplinary Team and Physicians to provide comprehensive care
coordination and discharge planning for each patient. Utilizes
critical thinking to develop and execute effective discharge
planning. Promotes effective and efficient utilization of clinical
- Monitors all areas of patients' stay for effective care
coordination and efficient care facilitation. Conducts medical
necessity review for appropriate utilization of services from
admission through discharge. Documents all patient review records
according to regulatory, legal and coordination
- Performs reviews for third party payors as
- Remains current from a knowledge base perspective regarding
reimbursement modalities, community resources, and case management
or psychosocial legal issues that affect patients and providers of
- Conducts job responsibilities in accordance with the standards
set out in the Company's Code of Business Conduct, its policies and
procedures, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, applicable federal
and state laws, and applicable professional standards.
- Conducts comprehensive, ongoing biopsychosocial assessments of
patients and family to provide timely and safe discharge planning.
Refers cases where patients and/or family would benefit from
additional resource support to the Social Worker, where
- Serves as a patient advocate. Enhances a collaborative
relationship to maximize the patient's and family's ability to make
- Participates in interdisciplinary patient care rounds and/or
conferences to review treatment goals, optimize resource
utilization, provide family education and identified post hospital
needs. Collaborates with clinical staff in the development and
execution of the plan of care, and achievement of goals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of growth and
development over the life span and the skills necessary to provide
age appropriate care to the patient population served.
- Coordinates the provision of social services to patients,
families, and significant others to enable them to deal with the
impact of illness on individual family functioning and to achieve
maximum benefits from health care services.
- Serves on Division committees when requested.
- Initiates patient and family education and discharge planning
- Arranges for discharge and post-hospital care of patients
through institutions and agencies within the community.
- Graduate of an accredited program required.
- RN or BSN preferred; OR Masters in Social Work with licensure
as required by state regulations; OR Bachelors in Social Work with
licensure as required by state regulations
- Healthcare professional licensure required as Registered Nurse,
OR Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) OR Licensed Social Worker
(LSW) if required by state regulations.
- Appropriate certification in Case Management preferred.
- Three years of experience in an acute care Medical/Surgical
and/or ICU/CCU setting. Prefer experience in Case Management,
Quality Management, Utilization Review, or discharge
Keywords: Kindred Healthcare, Paramount , Case Manager RN, Executive , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!