Clinical Director Emergency Services
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Within one 7 day/24-hour department providing direct patient
care, emergency nursing and medical services (which may include
offsite locations): manages the planning, development,
implementation, delivery and evaluation/improvement of quality
patient care and emergency nursing services that add value and are
integrated with emergency nursing standards of practice, service
priorities and performance/outcome measures, as well as with
strategic, business and organizational goals/objectives. Ensures
multi-disciplinary teams/staff provide high quality, accessible,
cost effective care and patient focused services. Develops and
maintains clinical standards of care and nursing practice;
responsible for all resource budgeting, selection and development
within the department which may include one or more of the
following units/areas in addition to day, evening, night emergency
medical services urgent care, after hours medical clinic, surgical
walk-in clinic, triage/assessment, emergency call desk,
observation/short stay diagnostic unit. These positions are
distinguished from other ambulatory care department manager
positions by responsibility for 24 hours of operation; greater
volume/and acuity of patients presenting for care; closer
integration of services with admitting, inpatient and outpatient
services, outside hospitals and ambulance transportation; greater
medical legal accountability; greater diversity and number of
- Manages services/units in department through department
assistant managers/ supervisors.
- Manages the delivery of nursing and medical emergency services
and patient care which meet or exceed cost, quality, clinical and
utilization standards and performance measures.
- Ensures that services meet members', physician and internal
clients' needs in a changing, competitive health care market.
- With Kaiser Foundation Hospitals and SCPMG staff, develops
strategic/business plans to achieve an integrated continuum of
care/services across the continuum of care both within and -outside
of the department.
- Manages and ensures continuous improvement of all clinical
practices, services and operations by designing and implementing
systems, processes and methods to evaluate and improve patient care
within assigned department -and across the continuum of care.
- Ensures, multi-disciplinary teams/staff provide the highest
quality of care and are in compliance with the Nursing Practice
Standards to meet physician, member and internal clients'
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient
care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and manages the department's budgets for the
appropriate use of human and material resources.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements
strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for the department and
develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain
the competency -of all department staff.
- Ensures on going staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policy and
procedures which support the organization's goals and business
objectives and ensures they are met.
- Develops standards of care and standards of practice, directs
fiscal management, and quality improvement activities.
- Manages and resolves human resources, employee and department
safety and risk management issues.Basic
- Minimum five (5) years of clinical nursing experience
(emergency or critical care) or other relevant clinical experience
required, including minimum three (3) years of management
experience in critical care and/or emergency nursing.Education
- BSN or bachelor's degree in health care or closely related
field such as management required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.License,
- Current RN license required; California RN license required by
date of hire.
- Current BLS certification required.Additional Requirements:
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, TJC,
and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and management skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership
- Master's degree preferred.
- Certificate in Emergency Nursing preferred.Job Schedule: Job
Category: Nursing Licensed & Nurse Practitioners
Keywords: Kaiser, Paramount , Clinical Director Emergency Services, Executive , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!