TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Follows procedures for handling potentially infectious
- Logging specimens received in the laboratory by checking the
type of specimen(s) received versus the test(s) ordered.
Stores or discards specimens for future reference as
- Monitor the turnaround time of results (TAT) for compliance in
accordance with the lab policies.
Stores and distributes supplies to keep work areas stocked and
Answers, handles, screen and transfers telephone calls when
- Assist on any additional assigned duties.
- Follows established phlebotomy procedures for obtaining blood
samples from patients.
- Properly and accurately identify patients according to
TridentCare phlebotomy patient identification policy prior to
- Ensures that specimens are properly labeled, in the proper tube
and accompanied by a completed requisition, including patient
billing information prior to transport.
- Follows TridentCare phlebotomy policy on transporting PHI.
o Must have California CPT license and California Drivers
license in good standing
o Must possess knowledge of medical terminology as it relates to
o Proficient in phlebotomy procedures, techniques, including
venipuncture, tourniquet application/removal and decontamination of
the puncture site.
o Knowledge of required specimen preservation, adequate patient
preparation and specimen procedures.
- Must have a current and valid Driver's License and Auto
o Must possess access to a vehicle in good working condition
suitable to meet daily driving requirements.
o Must maintain a good driving record.
o Must be able to work under minimal supervision and accurately
maintain time sheet records.
o Must understand and be knowledgeable of the resident rights,
patient care and patient right to refuse.
o Ability to obtain blood specimens from patients under a
variety of patient conditions.
o Proficient in written/verbal skills in the English
o Ability to maintain effective working relationships with
clients, patients, public and all staff members.
o Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
o Ability to take directions and conduct self in a professional