Branch Quality Coordinator
Company: A.M. Castle
Posted on: May 3, 2021
This Branch Quality Coordinator is responsible for providing
business critical insight to Castle Metals by assuring quality
assurance standards and procedures are met within assigned
location(s). The Branch Quality Coordinator will assist with
reviewing Castle standards, policies and procedures and will
evaluate the effectiveness of existing programs
A.M. Castle & Co. has over 125 years of experience as a leader
in the metals service center industry. We provide exceptional
benefits including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401K
match, disability benefits and tuition reimbursement.
Essential Primary Responsibilities:
- Assists in development of QMS documentation and training media.
Assists in providing QMS training presentations to sales and
operations at assigned domestic and/or international
- Maintains customer approvals for assigned location(s),
supporting and implementing requirements by coordinating and
responding to customer quality information requests.
- Provides support to organize and maintain CastleNet (Intranet)
Quality Records and documents required by the AS9100 Aerospace and
ISO 9001 Quality System including Operations, Sales, and Supplier
records to support USA and Global Corporate Quality, Corporate
Accounting and internal Supply Chain requirements.
- Organizes, scans and indexes documents, data, and various
quality record images for retrieval from server & web based
document management systems. Types of records include training
records, receiving records, production records, material test
report records, outside supplier processing records, calibration
records, and audit records for operations & sales as assigned to
fulfill internal management and customer needs.
- Assists in preparing & maintaining CA responses, quality
meeting and quality clinic metrics and records.
- Maintains training and competency records including quality
clinic, continuous improvement, and productivity improvement
activities necessary to achieve and maintain certifications.
- Performs data analysis, auditing, flow charting, process
mapping, value stream mapping and time study projects as
- Provides Test Report and Certificate of Conformance record
retrieval support for other quality functions for multiple Castle
- Maintains vendor quality performance and re-evaluation and
regulatory compliance records and provides feedback and/or record
retrieval support to corporate Purchasing/Supply Chain or
- Support regional quality with Periodic Material Validation
- Support regional quality with First Article Inspection (FAI)
and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP). Provides shared
services support for Customer Quality Survey responses.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One year of experience with quality systems
- Understanding of AS9100 and ISO9001 requirements
- Advanced computer skills including knowledge of Oracle Systems,
BI Tools, and MS Office as well as strong data entry skills
- Able to analyze data and generate workflow diagrams
- Must be able to multi-task and keep requirements on schedule,
logged & properly filed
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to think analytically and solve problems
- Knowledge and experience with monitoring and measurement
- Able to interpret drawings and specifications
- College coursework in Materials Engineering / Metallurgy,
Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Management, Quality
- Experience in the metals industry
- Computer skills in Visio and MS Project
- Familiar with the Company's quality system, product line,
customer requirements, aerospace flowdowns, reporting structure,
and organizational interfaces
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Company Overview: Founded in 1890, A. M. Castle & Co. is a
global distributor of specialty metal and plastic products and
supply chain services, principally serving the producer durable
equipment, oil and gas, commercial aircraft, heavy equipment,
industrial goods, construction equipment, retail, marine and
automotive sectors of the global economy. Its customer base
includes many Fortune 500 companies as well as thousands of medium
and smaller-sized firms spread across a variety of industries.
Within its metals business, it specializes in the distribution of
alloy and stainless steels; nickel alloys; aluminum and carbon.
Together, Castle operates service centers located throughout North
America, Europe and Asia.
Keywords: A.M. Castle, Paramount , Branch Quality Coordinator, Other , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!