Customer Service Representative
Posted on: June 6, 2021
GMS is the leading North American distributor of gypsum
wallboard, acoustical ceiling products and other specialty building
materials. Founded in 1971, GMS now operates a network of more than
250 distribution centers nationwide. For more information about
GMS, visit www.gms.com or any one of our subsidiary company
Summary of Position:
The primary function of customer service representative is to
provide exceptional customer service to all customer and employees.
The ideal candidate should thrive in a fast-paced, hands-on
environment. Training on product knowledge of building materials
for the drywall industry will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure over the phone, face to face and or written
communications with customers representing the company's culture,
values and practices.
- Greet customers warmly and determine problems, orders or other
reason for calling.
- Ability to ascertain when to pass on a customer's questions to
appropriate sales staff for additional product and sales
- Take orders at the sales counter and or over the phone.
- Ability to use company computer systems for order entry.
- Complete sales orders and tender cash sales.
- Develop product knowledge to assist customers with
- Ensure showroom is clean and properly stocked.
- Ability to self-manage, show initiative and be proactive
- Communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing to
coworkers and customers
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Ability to self -manage, show initiative and be comfortable
meeting the public
- Be a team player, demonstrate attention to detail and have good
- Bilingual a plus
- Exceptional computer skills
- Must be able to remain in stationary position 70%
- Occasionally, will move about inside the office to access
files, office machinery, etc.
- Must be able to operate basic office machinery
- Must be able to communicate with team and management and be
able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Constantly working in office environment
- Must be able to problem solve and prioritize tasks
- Must be able to manage stress depending on tasks
- Must be able to multitask
- Must be able to receive and analyze financial information
- Must be able to quickly communicate solutions if problems
- Must be able to demonstrate a high degree of sound
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability & Life Insurance
- Paid holidays & vacation days
This job description is subject to change at any time.
Launch your career with a national building materials
distributor and discover opportunities for growth and advancement.
Our people have the independence and authority to make a
difference. We invest in relationships, and every person is
important. Our highest priority is serving others. We passionately
pursue a safe work environment along with a relentless focus on
operational excellence. We believe you can never go wrong doing the
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: GMS, Paramount , Customer Service Representative, Other , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!