Producer I - Walt Disney Games
Company: Parks, Experiences and Products
Posted on: August 7, 2022
The Walt Disney Company s games business is one of the world s
largest licensors of games across platforms. Our games teams work
closely with external development studios to create original
stories through high-quality games inspired by the worlds of
Disney, Pixar, Lucasfilm and 20th Century Studios.As a Producer I,
you will be responsible for providing product leadership, guidance,
and support to external product partners for games across mobile,
console, and PC gaming platforms.You are directly responsible for
owning product within TWDC and managing the production process in
support of the partners vision, including external partner
onboarding and management, collaborating, and coordinating
ideation, project tracking, managing all internal/external product
communication and product deliverables, overseeing milestone
reviews, collaboration with other business units,
production/content approvals, & management of live service
support.You will primarily lead small to medium scale products and
support live service/live operated titles.The ideal candidate is a
self-starting, team player, who can draw upon a background as both
a game maker and gamer, able to articulate feedback and clearly
communicate information to external partners and internal
stakeholders. This person can identify opportunities and challenges
in the production process and will help the organization manage a
portfolio of games based on TWDC IP.Responsibilities:Game
- Driving assigned titles within TWDC and being the key day to
day contact for those projects. Responsible for establishing,
maintaining, and enhancing relationships with internal and external
cross functional groups to ensure maximum brand equity in TWDC IP
that deliver high quality/brand-enhancing products that meet
franchise, financial and schedule goals.
- Analyze and track product development schedules, perform
milestone reviews, track all submissions, and submit weekly written
progress reports on each assigned title.
- Review and analyze feedback generated by junior production
staff and the senior team, including periodic self-review of
gameplay builds, on all partner submissions covering all aspects of
the product, including art direction, gameplay and franchise
feedback and approval. Responsible for obtaining consensus across
- Lead presentations and product demos as necessary to peers,
management, and other stakeholders.
- The Producer I works closely with the senior members of the
Production team to collaborate with partners on new interactive
product concepts, including concept design and game identity.
- When available, use data and analytics to drive decision making
and ensure that decisions are made in a timely fashion.Brand &
- Provide brand guidance to external partner teams balancing the
needs of the game and the authenticity of the TWDC Franchise s
characters and worlds.
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure
maximum brand equity in TWDC IP that deliver innovative, high
quality/brand-enhancing products across art, sound, story and game
- 3 - 5 years of experience specifically in product
development/production of Console/Mobile/PC games or other
- Has shipped mobile, console, and/or PC games with live
- A practical understanding of all phases of development:
concept, pre-production, production and
post-production/live-service with a creative eye able to
communicate game ideas and improvements to our partners.
- Partners closely with Producer III/Sr. Producer in managing
relationships with external partners, identifying and solving day
to day product issues.
- Ability to make confident, intelligent and difficult decisions
that reflects a solid understanding of the business goals and
- Previous experience interfacing with partners/developers,
understanding team structures and roles, production pipelines, and
common challenges in producing high-quality interactive
- Detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects at
different stages of development.
- Strong negotiation, change management, and conflict resolution
- Able to identify/assess risks and strategies to mitigate and
escalate as necessary.
- Proficiency in project management tools such as JIRA and/or
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum, Kanban, and other production
- Passion for the latest games and game platforms (Mobile,
Console, PC, as well as AR/VR).
- Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building
productive relationships with external partners, managers and
- Live service games experience
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin Chinese
- Affinity and familiarity with TWDC Franchises, especially 20th
Century brands (Alien, Predator, Avatar, Family Guy, etc.)Preferred
- Bachelor s degree or equivalent combination of education and
experience.Additional Information:This position is located in
Glendale, CABenefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to
help you live your best life. This includes health and savings
benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only
Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at
Keywords: Parks, Experiences and Products, Paramount , Producer I - Walt Disney Games, Other , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!