Clinic RN Procedural - OBGYN Clinic - Full time - Day - 8 Hour
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Grow your career at Cedars-Sinai!When the work you do every
single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every
effort, every detail, and every second matters. This shared culture
of passion and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it's
just one of the many reasons we've achieved our fifth-consecutive
Magnet designation for nursing perfection. From working with a team
of best-in-class healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art
facilities, you'll have everything you need to do something
incredible-for yourself, and for others. Join us and discover why
U.S. News & World Report has named us one of America's Best
Hospitals!Cedars Sinai Medical Care Foundation is a Medical Group
that has 63 practice medical offices located throughout Los Angeles
and growing. There are 636 health care providers, specializing in
Qualified Audiologist, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Rheumatology,
Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Hematology/Oncology, Endocrinology,
General Surgery, Ophthalmology, Hospitalist and more. Medical
taxonomies which are covered include Hospice and Palliative
Medicine, Otolaryngology/Facial Plastic Surgery, Registered Nurse,
Gynecology, Vascular & Interventional Radiology, Surgery, Clinical,
Nuclear Radiology, Psychiatry, Neurology and many more.What will
you be doing in this role?
- -Evaluates and completes an assessment of patient needs to
provide supportive care before, during and after procedures.
- Maintains accurate and complete medical records and assists
with completing the procedure log.
- Provides a safe environment for the patient to prevent
- nvestigates and intervenes in problem situations, reporting
information to supervisor as appropriate and providing complete and
accurate - documentation.
- Follows Standard Precautions and uses personal protective
equipment as appropriate and required.
- Maintains equipment and supplies, including:
- Operation and troubleshooting of patient monitoring
- Assists in maintaining an adequate inventory of supplies and
- Accountable for administering oral and IV medications and
pharmaceuticals in a safe and accurate manner.
- Ensures that informed consents are understood and signed prior
to the administration of sedation.
- Assists the physician in the performance of procedures.
- Monitors patients using Conscious Sedation/Analgesia.
- Responsible for maintaining the sterility and cleanliness of
the procedure room and for setting up and testing the functionality
of endoscopy equipment prior to the start of the procedure.
- May be cross trained to provide pre and post-operative nursing
care. Patients may require pre-operative nursing care prior to
setting up and working in the procedure room. Assistance in the
post-operative care area may also be required. Once trained to work
in pre-and post-operative area may be assigned to cover lunches,
breaks or full shifts as needed.
- Providers professional nursing triage services and healthcare
advice to patients over the phone and through electronic charting
system. Performs a detailed evaluation of patient symptoms and
provides appropriate medical advice on treating symptoms and/or
recommendations for escalating treatment. Follows established
procedures and protocols, and documents calls as required.
- Communicates and acts as liaison with patients, family, and
health professionals in a manner that respects confidentiality and
Qualifications -Travel Requirements
- -Periodic travel to surround clinics is required. Number of
travel days per week will vary depending on the needEducational
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program required
- BSN preferredLicenses:
- Current, unrestricted California RN license required
- BLS & ACLS from the American Heart Association or American Red
- A minimum of 2 years of acute care nursing experience
- OB/GYN nursing experience strongly preferred
Working Title:Clinic RN Procedural - OBGYN Clinic - Full time - Day
- 8 Hour
Business Entity:Medical Network Foundation
Shift Length:8 hour shift
Keywords: CEDARS-SINAI, Paramount , Clinic RN Procedural - OBGYN Clinic - Full time - Day - 8 Hour, Other , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!