Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 27, 2022
The -Behavioral Tech -provides client supervision and staff/unit
support as assigned. The health, welfare and safety of our
participants is the main-focus of your position. Monitor and track
activities of participants and document all observations and
actions. Check facility, grounds and participants regularly for
security and or safety hazards. Responsibilities
- Facilitates clients' daily needs per the program schedule.
- Conducts person and property searches of participants as
- Performs urine drug screening testing of participants as
- Provides transportation services including patient
transportation/supervision, errands, shopping, pick-ups etc. (must
be pre-qualified to drive our vehicles and clients).
- Observes and monitors participants' behavior and interactions.
Documentation in communication log
- Maintains awareness of client schedules and personal time.
- Completion of Med training required.
- Conducts regular house and grounds checks, advising supervisor
of any irregularities. Assists in keeping grounds and facility safe
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency, mental health, family
systems and various recovery resources in the community.
- Basic knowledge of referrals, both within and outside of our
- Ability to confront behavioral changes, identify a crisis, and
recognize when additional assistance is necessary.
- Ability to recognize personal recovery issues that have an
impact on job performance and interactions with clients.
- Fully understands and maintains policies regarding professional
ethic, including appropriate boundaries and patient
- Becomes familiar with the Policy and Procedures. Consistency
required in following our policies and procedures. Follow emergency
procedures exactly (notification protocols, transportation, etc.)
Follow exact directions given and documents everything.
- Ability to demonstrate respect for cultural lifestyle
diversities of clients and staff.
- Attends all staff meetings, in-service trainings, and
- Stock food and drink supplies for clients and staff
- Under your Supervisor's direction you maybe be asked to perform
some office duties. Including but not limited to: Assembly,
breakdown and quality assurance of client charts, light filing, and
answering of telephones. This is a -full-time -position at a
residential program. - For a virtual tour of the facility, please
visit our website at -cliffsidemalibu.com. #PIQ Qualifications
- Recommended minimum High-school diploma or equivalent
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol dependency and mental health
issues. Previous work experience preferred.
- Valid Class "C" Driver's License and liability insurance.
- Vision, hearing, manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination;
must be adequate for performance e.g. able to sit at a desk, safe
driver, use computer, write clear and concise statements, move
about the facility
- Medication training required within 30 days
- TB test prior to hire and current thereafter
- Clean U/A test. - Random drug testing done after hire.
- First aid/CPR certification, obtain within 90 days and maintain
- 1 year minimum of continuous sobriety, if in recovery
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. -All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin. For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/ PandoLogic.
Keywords: Mental Health Technician, Location: Malibu, CA - 90264 ,
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Paramount , LVN, Other , Malibu, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!