Company: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC)
Posted on: March 16, 2023
United States of America
State / County
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees
worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in
manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings,
airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly
engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In
addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the
industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded
seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil
& gas applications; commercial and military airframe
aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the
casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we
insist on quality and dependability - not just in the materials and
products we make, but in the people we recruit.PCC is relentless in
its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time
producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while
continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.In 2016,
Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett,
acquired Precision Castparts Corp.Location Profile:Carlton Forge
Works produces seamless rolled rings as well as open and closed-die
forgings for the aerospace, gas turbine, industrial, commercial,
and nuclear industries while using one of the most extensive lines
of equipment and truly skilled craftsmen anywhere.
Job Summary: Under the direction of the Area Supervisor, the CNC
Machinist is responsible for safely machining parts within required
tolerances as defined on the blueprint.KEY PERFORMANCE
- Safety adherence
- Preventative Maintenance Schedule Adherence
- Ability to handle parts without damaging people, parts or
- Timely and accurate record keepingESSENTIAL JOB
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements.
- Perform all duties in a safe and collaborative manner and
immediately report any potentially dangerous conditions or other
safety concerns to a supervisor.
- Promote and comply with good safety practices and habits,
including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and
safety features are working.
- Conducts pre-operational inspections of equipment and/or
tooling as required
- Accurately works from shop orders to ensure manufacture of
- Stacks and organizes parts onto pallets using forklift.
- Identification and inspection of parts upon completion.
- Maintain accurate and timely daily work logs, equipment
maintenance records, and other documents as required.
- Assists in keeping equipment and working area clean and
- Communicate with internal customers, fellow associates,
supervisors and management as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.Requirments
- High School Diploma or GED required, Technical or professional
certification preferred and/or completion of an appropriated
- Basic math skills and weight calculations, including use of
- Ability to read & understand CNC programs.
- Ability to troubleshoot programs & setups with limited
- Ability to change tooling & inserts.
- Experience using Fanuc controls & Mori Seiki CNC's
- Ability to obtain and maintain valid forklift certification as
- Ability to conduct safe operation of a crane.
- Proven engagement in safety requirements
- Ability to work in a non-temperature controlled environment,
with exposure to dust and fumes
- Basic skills in reading and understanding manufacturing
documents, such as POs and work instructions in English
- Ability to follow standard machine operating procedures
- Attention to detail
- Ability to measure parts using standard measuring devices,
including a tape measure
- Ability to record and enter operations data as required
- Understanding of and ability to follow preventative maintenance
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and take initiative to correct
or seek immediate assistance.
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced
environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Team Mentality
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends, on short notice
- Identification and inspection of parts upon completion;
Accuracy & attention to detail key.
- Ability to read, understand directions on work instructions,
and complete paperwork as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs per EHSPREFERRED
- Knowledge of metal work process a plus
- Forklift and overhead crane experience a plusPHYSICAL DEMANDThe
physical demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The
employee frequently is required to climb or balance and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or
move up to 35pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and
outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to
wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed
to high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or
caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat; and vibration. The
noise level in the work environment is usually loud.Precision
Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer commit ted to
recruit, hire, train and promote in all job categories without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other
status protected by applicable law.Note: This position is subject
to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which
requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S.
Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'),
Political Asylee, or Refugee. Employees must be legally authorized
to work in the United States. Verification of employment
eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship
is not available for this position.
For informational purposes only, the range of pay for this role is
$19 to $28 US Dollar (USD) Hourly based on a variety of factors.
For informational purposes only, this role is eligible to
participate in the Company's Quarterly Cash Bonus Plan, paid out at
the quarterly bonus factor of 1X the Company's bonus multiple,
based on the Company's performance in the applicable quarter.
Employees will receive 80 hours paid time off every year. Employees
will also receive 10 paid holidays. Employees (and their families)
are eligible to participate in the company's medical, dental,
vision, and basic life insurance. Employees are eligible to enroll
in the Company's 401(k) plan.
Keywords: Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC), Paramount , CNC Machinist, Other , Paramount, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...