Quality Control Inspector
Company: FLAG Solutions
Posted on: May 24, 2023
*Shift: 1st - 5/6am start time*
We are a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all of the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. We create rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. We also manufacture structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
Located in Paramount, California, we are a premium supplier of forging services and products to commercial and military aerospace, nuclear, oil and gas exploration, and industrial markets. We are the largest forger in the United States dedicated to the conversion of customer owned material. Our commitment is to process your material to your exact requirements with the flexibility and short lead times only a company our size can provide. We are the experts in material conversion and forging of titanium, steel, and high temperature alloys.
Under direct supervision, level one quality technicians perform basic inspections tasks relating to in-process inspection, final inspection and receiving inspection. The Quality Technician is responsible for sampling, measuring and verifying that manufactured products meet pre-determined quality standards, ensuring effective production operation during shift and assisting the shop floor crew to avoid downtime or nonproduction time. This position calls upon a basic understanding of shop math, print reading, measuring tools, product segregation, and quality reporting. 0-1 YOE
*Primary Duties & Responsibilities:*
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Comply with our Code of Conduct Requirements and all our Cardinal Rules (e.g., Quality and Safety).
* All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures.
* In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
* Generate loading map and Process Observation Sheets.
* Witness Load Up and light-up forge furnaces.
* Measure the temperature of forged parts using an Infrared Optical Pyrometer.
* Measure hot and cold forged parts and document dimensions.
* Document fixed process requirements, such as cooling method, temperature deviation and wall reduction when applicable.
* Operate forklift and manipulators.
* Communicate with the Press Crew and document any deviations and report to Quality Manager.
* Ensure a clean and safe work area.
* Data Entry to complete shift paperwork and SPC.
* Assist in production as necessary.
* Cover multiples crews when required.
* Assist with furnace curing and minor preventive maintenance or repairs when required.
* Considerable care must be exercised when performing duties in order to avoid downtime or non-production time.
* Other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma or GED required.
* Relevant certificate of completion from a technical school preferred but not required.
* Experience in forge industry is highly preferred but not required.
* 1+ years of related work experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Forging and manufacturing environments.
* Will be working near operating furnaces and constantly exposed to dirt, noise and the extreme heat of hot furnaces.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $27.00 per hour
* Dental insurance
* Flexible schedule
* Health insurance
* Paid time off
* Vision insurance
* 1 year
* 2 years
* 10 hour shift
* 8 hour shift
* Day shift
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Paramount, CA 90723: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
* Manufacturing: 2 years (Preferred)
* Aerospace: 2 years (Preferred)
* Micrometer: 1 year (Preferred)
* Day Shift (Preferred)
* Night Shift (Preferred)
* Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person
*Shift: 1st - 5/6am start time*
Keywords: FLAG Solutions, Paramount , Quality Control Inspector, Other , Paramount, California
here to apply!