Company: Geary Pacific
Location: Van Nuys
Posted on: August 18, 2019
Driver/Warehouse Associate - Van Nuys
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location 42 - Van Nuys - Van Nuys,
CAPosition Type Full TimeEducation Level High SchoolTravel
Percentage NoneJob Shift DayJob Category WarehouseDescription The
Warehouse/Driver position is a front line branch operations and
customer service role at Geary Pacific. The position requires
specialized Product Knowledge, use of the Company computer system
(Mincron), tools such as handheld scanners, and the ability to use
online resources provided by shipping vendors like UPS, Federal
Express and various LTL carriers. The position requires excellent
attention to detail and the ability to multitask because of the
need to service Customers that are physically present and manage
internal processes like Receiving, Picking and Putting Away
products. Regular Cycle Counting of Inventory is also a Warehouse
The position reports to the Branch Manager.
- Greet Customers
- Review order with the customer to ensure accuracy
- Inspect the product for damage with the customer
- Pick Sales Orders
- Pick Transfer Orders
- Check-in and Receive Shipments from Vendors
- Check-in and Receive Transfer Orders from other Branches
- Put away products
- Warehouse management functions
- Properly label all storage locations
- Perform accurate Cycle Counts daily
- Safely / accurately use tools like handheld scanners,
forklifts, pallet jacks, hand trucks.
- Conduct daily inspections of material handling equipment and
report issues to manager.
- Conduct weekly inspections of facility - doors, lights, dock
plates / levelers, dock bumpers, first]aid supplies, fire
extinguishers, tools, packaging equipment, etc.
- Keep entire warehouse area (inside and outside) clean,
organized, in order, clearly and accurately labeled, all product
easy to locate.
- Safely operate company vehicles if also tasked with performing
Customer deliveries or Branch Transfers.
- Accurately, and quickly, pick Sales and Transfer Orders
- Accurately, and quickly, check in product for receiving against
the Purchase Order
- Put away product received in a safe and accurate manner.
- Carefully move / transport all products so no damage
- Always be aware of your surroundings and where coworkers are at
- Learn proper use of handheld scanners and computer system
- Print product labels
- Daily Cycle Counts (per schedule)
- Always present a helpful, professional, Customer focused,
Qualifications Performance Metrics:
- Cycle Count Compliance & Accuracy
- BHU / HARDI training completions
- Accidents / Incidents
- Damaged product
- Lost / Missing Product
- Shipping / Receiving Errors
- Customer interactions - Happy Customers
- Forklift Certification
- Positive Attitude - always smiling and friendly
- High sense of urgency - need to get things done now.
- Helpful - first to volunteer.
- Detail oriented - need to have things kept accurate and in
- Safety conscious - always thinking ahead.
BENEFITS: Geary Pacific offers a comprehensive benefits program
including: Medical; Dental;Vision; Life and Long Term Disability
Insurance; 401k with matching; Paid vacation, Personal, and Holiday
A little bit about us....... Geary Pacific Corporation, based in
Anaheim and established in 1961, is a heating, air conditioning,
and ventilation distributor. Our culture is focused on maintaining
a positive work environment while providing our customers with
professional, knowledgeable, and friendly service. Learn more about
us at www.gearypacific.com
Geary Pacific is a drug free workplace.
Keywords: Geary Pacific, Paramount , Driver/Warehouse Associate, Professions , Van Nuys, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!